Sunday 29 March 2015

One Week, Six Days, 11 Hours, Six Minutes and 2 seconds to Number 2


Last long run done yesterday in windy Kerry. I nearly put an end to the challenge when I managed to trip over a kerb but luckily didn't hit the ground and ran on with grace and dignity :-)

Unfortunately I will be doing Connemara on my own but their will be 3,000 others who I'm sure will carry me along to the finish. After Connemara I will have relay teams keeping me company in Limerick and Cork. As well as the girls from Killarney who are running relays in Limerick and Cork there will be three relay teams from Newcastle West consisting of 15 family members who will be running with me in Cork.

People have been great, helping in all sorts of ways. Thanks this week to Marie from Swimhedz for the foam roller which is getting plenty of use to keep me injury free. Eamon from Adrenalin Sports in Newcastle West who has come up trumps again to get me sponsorship from Brooks (Shoes) and from High Five (Gels).

This week it's back to shorter runs which will also include what has become a weekly visit to Una for physio. Hopefully the weather will improve a bit over the next week or two. Until next time.

________________________________________________________________
To donate please use http://fundraise.mercyfundraising.ie/marathonbrenda

Don't forget to share my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mercymarathons

No comments:

Post a Comment