Sunday 5 April 2015

One week to marathon number 2 in Connemara .....................................



This has been an easy week with regard to training but a difficult week with regard to injury.  My legs are absolutely perfect and ready for the next 26.2 miles in Connemara but I have developed tendinitis in my wrist as a result of the way that I hold my hands when I am running (which happens to be the correct way)................. My physio Una has informed me that it is the first time she has had a runner develop a wrist injury :-)  To say that it is frustrating is an understatement.

Fundraising is going well and we have reached the 7,000 euro mark, my hope for this week is that we raise 7,500 before Sunday.  Need to feel we are making progress with fundraising to keep myself motivated.

Today I ran a 4 mile road race organised by Bernie in Ballyheigue with Tina, Susan, Majella and Eileen.  Eileen is Majella and Susan's Mom and it was her second race this weekend, she would motivate anyone to get up and run.  It was a fabulous morning and a great way to start Easter Sunday, it is what running is all about, great friends to run with, great scenery and a good laugh from start to finish.  The girls are well ready for their relays in the Limerick and Cork marathon.  



Plenty of short runs this week to keep my legs fresh for Sunday and plenty of ice on my wrist to get it someway back to normal or else it is going to be a long 26.2 miles next Sunday.


________________________________________________________________
To donate please use http://fundraise.mercyfundraising.ie/marathonbrenda

Don't forget to share my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mercymarathons


No comments:

Post a Comment