Sunday 30 August 2015

Almost there .................

I cannot believe that I am almost at the end of this challenge.  Saturday will be marathon number 11 in Dingle and I am looking forward to meeting some of the competitors from the quadrathon in Donegal.  Unfortunately Pat, Gavin and Colin will not be there to support me as the soccer season begins for Gavin and Colin, however Noel and some of the girls from Killarney are taking part in the half marathon so I will have company for the first few miles ......................  I also hope to be joined by another friend but not to put any pressure on him all will be revealed in next weeks blog.

I am relatively injury free with just a slight niggle on my left knee so for the last few training session I have switched from running to cycling, at this stage I definitely do not want to pick up an injury.

The plan between Dingle and Dublin is to get back in the pool (of which I used to do a lot of), keep up training with Ronan in Victory Fitness (of which he guarantees that it is going to get tougher), keep running, remain injury free and to enjoy marathon number 12 in Dublin.

12 months ago next week Pat was preparing for surgery in the Mercy, we will be forever grateful to everyone involved in Pat's care in the Mercy hospital.

The support that I  have received has been overwhelming to say the least, this has certainly been a journey and one that I have thoroughly enjoyed raising vital funds for cancer research

Total raised so far is        €18195.80


For anyone that would like to donate please use http://fundraise.mercyfundraising.ie/marathonbrenda

Please share my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mercymarathons


No comments:

Post a Comment