Tuesday 11 August 2015

Thank you for the good wishes .....................................




Thank you to everyone for all of the good wishes that I have received over the last number of days.  I am about to take on the biggest challenge of my life and to say that I am nervous is an understatement. I am hoping that once we set off for Donegal in the morning that the nerves will be left in Kerry ...............



Donations keep coming in and we are forever grateful, I would never have imagined that before I set off for Donegal that we would have so much raised, 16,725 euro.  Thank you to everyone that has helped and donated in any way.






Over 1,200 people from Kerry are treated at The Mercy every year.



In 2016 they need to raise half a million euro from the public to support the development of an advanced ‘Regional Centre for Gastroenterology’ that will lead the way in diagnosing and treating conditions of the Gastric system including life-saving care for patients from Kerry and Cork dealing with Oesophageal, Stomach and Bowel Cancers.



I have been asked by several people am I ready for the quadrathon? Without the help of the following there is no way that I would be as prepared as I am, I am just hoping that nothing goes wrong on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Una my physio has been brilliant and without her expertise I would not be as ready as I am, I have a list of strict instructions from her on what to do after each of the 4 marathons.


Ronan in Victory Fitness devised a plan on how to work on my strength and flexibility and even though they have been tough sessions twice a week it has been well worth it.


Eamonn in Adrenalin Sports has been very patient as always, at this stage I think that we have analysed every gel and protein bar available and finally at 6pm yesterday evening decisions were made, whatever about my legs I have enough to eat in Donegal :-)




The bags and packed and I am ready to go .........................  hopefully when I arrive back in Kerry on Sunday night I will have covered a distance of 104.80 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!


Don't forget To donate please use http://fundraise.mercyfundraising.ie/marathonbrenda

Don't forget to share my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mercymarathons


No comments:

Post a Comment