Monday 7 September 2015

One year on ......................


Congratulations to Mr Tom Murphy who true to his word ran in Dingle on Saturday.  It was fantastic to have such support at the start and finish line.  Congratulations to Anna, Tina and Noel who also ran in Dingle.  Marathon number 12 is Dublin on October 26th, this will be the longest rest for me between marathons since I started this challenge in March and I think at this stage I probably need it. So for the next few weeks I will alter my training routine.

                                                    THE MEDAL COLLECTION...........

One year ago tomorrow Pat had surgery, it is sure to be a day of mixed emotions, happy that Pat has got this far and is doing so well and sadness that cancer came into our lives.  I will be forever grateful to the wonderful staff of the Mercy and I will always remember Mr Tom Murphy on the morning of surgery when he promised me that he would take care of Pat and that is exactly what he did.

This challenge is all about raising much needed funds for Cancer Research in the Mercy Hospital, back in February when I did my first interview I was asked what my target was and my reply was I didn't have one and with only one marathon to go the amount raised to date is a phenomenal
                                                           19,250.80 euro
 
Thank you to everyone that has donated so far and has helped in anyway.
I now have a finishing target that I would hope to reach and I am determined to push it in every possible way to the final hurdle.

For anyone that would like to donate please use http://fundraise.mercyfundraising.ie/marathonbrenda

Please share my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mercymarathons

No comments:

Post a Comment