Monday 1 June 2015

Amazing Support .........................

The weather was the big question today in Cork and we weren't let down.....  For 26.2 miles it was a battle against the wind and the rain.  I decided that today was the day to push the pace and I was thrilled to have run my fastest time since I started my 12 marathons in 8 months.  I ran with 2 excellent 4 hour pacers and at  mile 23 I felt that I could push on.... and on I went.

Today wasn't about me, it was about the support from my family and friends that ran relays. It was great to know that at each changeover they were waiting to cheer me on and I was delighted to be the first of the 21 to finish !!!!!!!!!.  They are already planning their next event to raise much need funds for cancer research in the Mercy.





Thank you to the Mercy Foundation for their very generous gift and support over the last 2 days.  The support around Cork was amazing, people stood in the wind and rain cheering everyone on.  Each time we came to a hill (which there were many) there were crowds shouting and encouraging us to the top. For me it is rest tomorrow, physio with Una on wednesday and then back into training.

Displaying IMAG0936.jpg

4 done and just 26 days to number 5 in Waterford!! Please keep donating.
_________________________________________________________
To donate please use http://fundraise.mercyfundraising.ie/marathonbrenda

Don't forget to share my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mercymarathons

No comments:

Post a Comment